Guest Post Guidelines for JohnEEngle.com
Guidelines and Suggestions for Guest Posts at JohnEEngle.com
Thank You for Your Interest in Writing a Guest Post for JohnEEngle.com.
I am looking for guest posts that present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and innovative approaches to help network marketers succeed in business. I would like to present ideas to readers that are rarely found elsewhere online.
Posts that will work best on this site are relevant to my overall topic – Network Marketing – Which Include Personal Development, Blogging & Social Media.
Anything that can help the network marketing business owner with fresh ideas to increase their bottom line.
Topics That I Am Particularly Interested In (But Not Limited To):
- Personal Development – Mindset
- Blogging Tips & Tricks
- Attraction Marketing
- Network Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- WordPress Tips & Tricks
- Branding Ideas
Requirements for Your Guest Post:
- Your article must not infringe copyright laws, either in terms of text or images
- Article must be written in English and be Original copy
- Structure your posts into paragraphs with headings and subtitles
- Please don’t use affiliate links in your articles.
- Write with the reader in mind, not the search engine.
- You will need to respond to comments for your article (when a comment is received, the notification of the comment will be sent to your email address).
Headlines and Your Content – Helpful Hints
I would like your article to attract attention and arouse curiosity… there is one way to do that. Your Headline!
Your headline will reveal what your article has to offer. Your headline should stop the reader in his tracks… it will need to be benefit oriented, make complete sense immediately and hint at a special something to soon follow.
Once you’ve got them on the inside of your article, don’t let them go! The best way to prevent an instant defection is to pepper the inside of your blog post with a series of sub-headings and bullet points to sustain their interest.
Click on the Link for my Article about ‘How to Generate Powerful Headlines Guaranteed to Arrest Attention and Arouse Curiosity’.
Below are 2 Printable PDF Worksheets that Can Help YOU Create Attention Grabbing Headlines!
Proven & Powerful Headlines (Printable, Eye Catching Words & Phrases Worksheet)
Effective Headline Writing (Checklist for Effective Headline Writing)
As you can see on this blog, I love to include images. I find that articles with at least one image can gain more attention than posts without.
NOTE: As a Contributor, by default, WordPress does not allow the uploading of images to the database, so once you have been given access, you can send a separate email with the image(s) you intend to use along with simple placement instructions (where to attach the images) for the article you have submitted for approval.
- Images can be up to the maximum width of 800 pixels (larger images will be cropped to fit).
- It’s up to you to ensure that the images you use are able to be reused in terms of copyright.
Your article should be as long as you would like it to be in order to convey your message. Length isn’t a factor, but quality is, so please stick to your own style and voice, and choose the length that suites your article.
Editing Your Article
* Please DO NOT copy and paste documents that will change the Look and Feel of this website, to include: size, color or style of the Font.
If you are copying your article from, example, a Word document, Follow the instructions below:
– Highlight and copy your article, then paste it into the WordPress Edit box using the ‘Text’ tab (the inline code will not be transferred into the article.)
– Once you have done so, you can continue editing your article using the ‘Visual’ Tab.
Articles that appear on JohnEEngle.com may be edited for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure if necessary.
Don’t be offended by this, I am just trying to make each and every article published on this site to be of the highest caliber, and as successful as possible.
Links to Your Blog…
If it’s relevant to the topic you’re writing about, you’re welcome to link back to your blog within the post. Keep in mind that relevancy is very important.
If I feel that your post includes too many links back to your own blog, I may remove them, or reject the article.
I don’t mind promoting you, but subtlety often works best. A high-quality, informative article will get more people checking out who you are more effectively than a large amount of links back to your site.
Social Participation (Comments)
* I would encourage you to add a article related Question at the end of your Post to encourage Social Participation/Interaction… Here is an Example below.
I will add the script to your post that will make your question stand out in the Orange color… YOU just need to provide the question.
Credit to You
You’ve worked hard to give my readers great content, so let me help promote you. You will have the opportunity to write a byline with information about yourself that will be at the end of your written article in an ‘Author Bio’ box.
This byline should be 1 or 2 sentences explaining who you are and what you do, which can also include up to 2 links.
NOTE: As you proof read your article, you will notice that your Author Bio box will not show. Prior to me publishing your article, I will add the scripting to allow your Author box to attach to your post.
To See an Example of the Author Bio box that will be used, Follow Either Link:
– Add your Author information in the ‘Biographical Info‘ box in your User Profile area once you gain access as a Contributor, and the information will connect automatically to your post once it’s published.
What You Need to Do to Guest Post?
Contact me using the form below… include the topic you’d like to write about, plus at least 2 links to articles that you have written, so I can see examples of your work.
If I feel that you can be a contributor to this blog, I will contact you with further information, using the email that you provide in the form.
Once You’ve Been Accepted:
- You will have access as a Contributor to submit your article(s).
- You can add any relevant information, including your Biographical Info, via the link ‘Your Profile’.
- Once you have completed writing your article, you will then click the ‘Submit for Review‘ button.
- Once I review the article that you have written, I will then contact you to let you know the Date and Time it will be published.
Thank You for considering to write for JohnEEngle.com.